Q: Engine acts like it misfires occasionally during regular driving or while giving it gas - 2002 Ford Mustang

I've had this problem for a while, my car kind of sputters every now and again like it's miss firing but it doesn't feel like a misfiring to me. I have tested all coil packs with a multimeter and they were all the same across the board and I even unplugged them individually while it was running and they all seemed to have affected the engine. I replaced all 8 spark plugs and cleaned the insides of the coil packs and it still does it. Thank you for your time and hopefully we can get this resolved. Thanks!

Hello there, intermittent misfires can have many different causes on your 2002 Ford Mustang. The most common cause is the spark plugs, so it is good those where replaced first. Other potential causes would be a fuel injector, coil, vacuum leak, oxygen sensor, or a wiring harness fault.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your intermittent misfire and make any repairs required to get your car running normally again.

3. Engine acts like it misfires occasionally during regular driving or while giving it gas - 2002 Ford Mustang