Q: Gas usage high

It seems like my car (a 2008 Toyota Yaris L4-1.5L) is using too much gas. It is using 25 miles per gallon. Is that too much?

Depending on the conditions, 25 miles per gallon is not too bad, especially in the winter. Gas companies are required by the government to change the mixture of gas in the winter to decrease vehicle emissions. When they make a change like that your gas mileage can suffer pretty greatly. My car that averages almost thirty gallons in the summer, will struggle to maintain 20 miles to the gallon in the winter. A mechanic can perform a diagnostic on your MPG to accurately see if there are any underlying problems with your gas usage.