Q: Valve cover replacement? 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Took everything off to take valve cover off , took valve cover off and the valve cover is like a hard plastic , IDK if I should try and pry it out as it will break into pieces , do I have to buy different valve covers on this car the first time the gaskets are changed ??

Hi there - manufacturers are using plastic for valve covers, intake manifolds, and other engine components more and more often for weight and expense savings. Unfortunately, with repeated heat cycles, some of these plastics become brittle, or warp and won’t seal properly. You may very well need to replace the valve covers for this reason, but it should not happen again during the life of your vehicle. For assistance, I would recommend a valve cover gasket replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this problem.