Q: Obd2 scanner not linking

My Obd2 scanner will light up when connected, but won't link. All my fuses are good.

When the scanner will not connect, usually the first thing we look for is a blow fuse or lack of power at the OBD2 connector. The most common cause of being unable to connect to the car is an issue with the ECU, either an internal fault or a wiring issue. A qualified technician, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, can precisely diagnose your electrical problem by inspecting all the wiring and performing an ECU test.

3. Obd2 scanner not linking