Q: Hi, I have an 06 mazda 3 and it will start and idle just fine but when I press the accelerator down, it won't even rev up.

I have an 06 mazda 3 that will idle but will not rev up when I press the accelerator

Hi there. There could be a fuel volume issue (meaning the amount of fuel is not adequate) or the MAF (mass air flow) sensor is dirty or not working. Check the fuel pressure and make sure that there is at least 30 psi. If there is fuel pressure, then disconnect the ignition to the vehicle and disconnect the fuel pump relay. crank the engine over until there is no fuel pressure. Then connect the fuel pump relay and turn on the key and see how long it takes to pressurize the fuel system. The fuel gauge should read within 3 to 5 seconds. If its taking too long, then the fuel volume is low and the fuel pump should be replaced as the filter on the bottom of the pump could be plugged up. If the fuel pressure is good and the volume is good, then clean the MAF with electrical cleaner. Then see if the symptoms continue. If they continue, then I recommend replacing the MAF. If the MAF was replaced and your vehicle still will not rev up, then the ECM (computer) is defective. If you need further assistance with your engine not revving up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi, I have an 06 mazda 3 and it will start and idle just fine but when I press the accelerator down, it won't even rev up.