Q: All dash lights were on for two days and now there is no power, no crank, and shorts when jumping.

When you jump it, dash lights are faint but all on. Even ALL door indicators. Plus the negative jumper cable gets smoking hot. It won't turn over.

If you were able to start and drive the vehicle for two days with all the warning lights on before this, did you notice any other issues during this time? You are going to want to start by replacing the battery. When hooked up to another vehicle being jumped, the lights should be bright. The negative jumper cable is getting hot due to a high level of resistance. This can be due to a bad ground wire.

After replacing the battery, carefully inspect the starter wires, alternator wires, and ground wires. These need to be clean, dry, and tight. Then, try to start the vehicle. Attempting to start the vehicle too many times can damage the starter and cause it to wear down. Also, if the battery failed while driving, the vehicle may have run on the alternator and damaged it as well. These factors may or may not be playing a factor currently.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is not turning over and suggest the needed repairs.

3. All dash lights were on for two days and now there is no power, no crank, and shorts when jumping.