Q: Oil not getting to the engine

asked by on February 16, 2016

The oil in my car is not getting to my engine. The Check Engine light came on and I am getting a code for a misfire.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If oil is entering the combustion chamber it will coat the spark plug and cause a misfire. Oil can do this if there is a failure in a valve stem seal or if there is a piston ring failure. Either of these are serious problems if the oil is causing a misfire. The oil can also leak at the valve cover and enter the spark plug tubes and cause a misfire. Either way the oil leak needs to be repaired and it should solve the problem. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the oil leak and have the proper repairs completed for your car.