Q: Toyota Surf 1kz-te 3L 1994 - hard starting in the morning (ambient Temp. usually 30C) - have to wait for plug relay to shut off...

Car has trouble starting in the morning (temp 30 deg celsius)

To get it to start i turn ignition key to "on" (not "start"), wait for the glow plug relay to come on, then wait for it to switch off (usually 20sec-2min), then the car will start and continue to start every time. When the engine cools down (few hrs rest), i then have to repeat the process of waiting for the last click from the "GPR" and the car starts first time every time. I have cracked open the fuel pipes from electronic pump to injectors and will ONLY get fuel from injection pump to injectors when the last click of the "GPR" relay is heard.

3 months back on a long drive the car suddenly died and only got it started the next day after bleeding the fuel pipes, soon after it wouldnt start. Fixed the computer (nothing really wrong), a week later i have this starting issue but it starts every time. Spill Valve resistance checks out at 2 ohm.

Can the problem be:

1-other sensors on fuel pump 2-other sensor 3-relays?

Hi there. Let me offer option #4 - cold start injector. The cold start injector is also known as the cold start valve. The part is located on the cold air intake, which is found on the intake manifold. It is a fuel injector that is controlled electronically. The cold start injector works only when the engine has a cold start, or when the engine’s temperature is below a certain point. When this happens, a computer tells the injector to inject more fuel into the mixture that goes through the cylinders to the engine. The goal is for the engine to have an easier and faster start even when it is cold.

3. Toyota Surf 1kz-te 3L 1994 - hard starting in the morning (ambient Temp. usually 30C) - have to wait for plug relay to shut off...