Q: Wipers stopped working while driving in the rain.

Wipers stopped while driving in the rain..I went and bought a new motor and got it put on but wipers still not working....I pull the wiper switch and it'll squirt the fluid but the wipers won't move.....How do I know if it's my wiper switch or transmission?

Hi. The first thing to check is the fuse. If the fuse is good, you can use a test light to make sure there is power at the fuse and to the wiper motor. Simply touch the test light to both metal tabs on top of the fuse and to the tabs on the wiper motor connector, with the power on, and, if it lights up, you are good. Since you replaced the wiper motor, if the fuse is good, you will most likely have an open circuit (broken wire) somewhere between the fuse box and the wiper motor.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection into your wiper motor and suggest any needed repairs.