Q: My car is overheating the oil is not milk there no leak outside of the car and the coolant is still in the radatior

asked by on October 27, 2017

My car overheating no leaking outside of the car no milky in the coolant or oil white smoke coming out of the muffler is my gasket blown?

A leaking head gasket is not the most likely cause of overheating. And, if combustion chamber exhaust gases are leaking into the coolant, there are tests that can be performed to rule the head gasket in or out as a cause. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as poor engine running condition, and exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.