Q: What is the code P1128 on a 09 Chrysler Town and country

Our van warms up and drives, but when we come to a stop, it dies. The meter we plugged in came up with code P1128.

A: Code p1128 refers to "Closed loop fuel...

Code p1128 refers to "Closed loop fueling not achieved", meaning that for some reason the engine is not reaching a state where it is able to run using the information from the engine sensors. When the engine is first started, it will operate in what is known as "open loop", where the fuel, timing, and other engine functions, use a set of tables stored in the control module. This "open loop" operation allows time for the engine to come up to a normal operating temperature before it starts using the information from the sensors to make the adjustments for driving conditions. There are several possible causes for this code to come up. They are; a problem in the fuel delivery system engine coolant temperature sensor, wiring or connections map sensor, wiring or connections o2 sensor, wiring or connections mechanical problem within the engine a problem with the powertrain control module As you can see, this particular code is very vague as to the actual issue, and therefore, there is a list of tests that coincide with the diagnosis. If this is something that you need some help to troubleshoot, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.