Q: Belt or tensioner squeaking.

I hear a persistent squeak, especially while idling. I am not sure it is the belt or if the tensioner needs to be replaced.

Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1355.61 Get a Quote
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.81 - $573.33 Get a Quote

This issue could be either part or the need to replace both. The belt if worn could cause the noise. The tensioner may not provide enough tension and could be the problem/. If the tensioner is bad then it is recommended to replace the belt and tensioner together. I recommend you have a qualified mechanic like at your Mechanic check your car out and diagnose it for you.