Q: After hitting a large rock in the road the VSA light came on - could that have a connection?

after hitting a large rock in the road the vsa light came on could this have caused it

The VSA light comes on when the computer detects an issue with the Vehicle Stability Assist system. As its name implies, the VSA system is designed to help maintain vehicle stability by monitoring tire traction. If the light came on after hitting a large rock in the road, then it may be possible that the the impact loosened, moved, or even damaged one of the VSA system’s components. Perhaps a wheel speed sensor or reluctor ring is damaged or malfunctioned. These are located on the inside of the hub assemblies. I would carefully inspect the wheel where you believe the impact was made, or all of the wheels if you unsure, to see if there are any signs of damage or clues as to what the issue may be. If you cannot find the source of the problem, a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help diagnose the cause of the VSA light coming on.

• After hitting a large rock in the road the VSA light came on - could that have a connection?