Q: What is the vehicle stability assist system?

What is the vehicle stability assist system?

A: Your car offers a number of pretty advanced...

Your car offers a number of pretty advanced systems designed to help provide better handling and safety on the road. One of those is the vehicle stability assist (VSA) system. Here’s what you need to know about it:

1. The VSA system will automatically engage when it detects slippery driving conditions.

2. When the VSA system comes on, you’ll see the VSA light on in the dash.

3. You can manually turn the VSA system off by pressing the VSA Off button on the dash.

4. When you turn the VSA system off, the VSA Off light will turn on in the dash.

5. The VSA system automatically comes back on every time you crank the engine, even if you turned it off before shutting down the engine.

Tips

• The VSA system does not control your entire braking system.

• The VSA system does not guarantee traction on all surfaces – cautious driving is still necessary.