Q: car turning off while driving but starts right back up

asked by on September 20, 2016

Car is not running hot. No visible leaks or smells .

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most commonly when the car stalls while driving, but starts right up after, the cause is an intermittently failing crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor. The first step to diagnosing this problem however, would be to scan the engine control module to check for fault codes. My guess is that you will find at least one fault code, and it will hopefully point the technician in the correct direction to fix your stalling problem.