Q: Before work today my car turned on and off in 10 seconds. After work I turned it on and it started leaking green liquid & smoking

asked by on July 13, 2017

Today before work my car automatically turned off. Lights where still working and alarm system but as I turned on the car it will turn off in 10 seconds. After work I tried to see if the problem resumed and it didn't. Only difference is that this time it started making a loud grinding noise and it stared smoking without me even pressing on the gas. I turned off the car and notice green fluid were leaking where the smoke was coming from.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The green fluid is probably coolant and the smoke is probably steam. You may have a serious coolant leak that is causing your car to overheat. If the car was driven very far while overheating, it may have caused some engine damage. I don’t recommend you try to drive the car anymore until you can get this sorted out. You can have this conveniently checked out by a pro by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your leaking and stalling Honda and let you know what it will take to fix it.