Before work today my car turned on and off in 10 seconds....

Q: Before work today my car turned on and off in 10 seconds. After work I turned it on and it started leaking green liquid & smoking

asked by on July 13, 2017

Today before work my car automatically turned off. Lights where still working and alarm system but as I turned on the car it will turn off in 10 seconds. After work I tried to see if the problem resumed and it didn't. Only difference is that this time it started making a loud grinding noise and it stared smoking without me even pressing on the gas. I turned off the car and notice green fluid were leaking where the smoke was coming from.

The green fluid is probably coolant and the smoke is probably steam. You may have a serious coolant leak that is causing your car to overheat. If the car was driven very far while overheating, it may have caused some engine damage. I don’t recommend you try to drive the car anymore until you can get this sorted out. You can have this conveniently checked out by a pro by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your leaking and stalling Honda and let you know what it will take to fix it.