Q: What type of rotors

I own a 2004 Chevy Express High Top Conversion Van. It weighs about 8000 lbs. I wondered what type of brakes I should use. It’s much heavier then the standard cargo or passenger van. I saw one site that said the original equipment manufacturer was ceramic on the back and semi-metallic on front. But would this be a standard van unconverted? Does this matter? I also need rotors. Should I go with the slotted rotors? Sometimes I travel through the mountains and have trouble with my rotors. Thank you for your time.

Hello! They added metallic brakes on the front to give the front more stopping power than the rear, which is great for stopping during sudden braking. It will be beneficial to put slotted rotors and performance pads on the van, especially if you do a lot of driving through the mountains. The slotted rotors will stay a lot cooler which will allow the brake pads to slow down the vehicle quicker and the performance brake pads are made of a material that will provide additional grip.

Feel free to contact a certified mechanic if you need some assistance the installation of your rotors and brake pads. YourMechanic can assist you with any of your brake pad or rotor needs.