Q: Battery hooked up backwards

I have a 08 Chevy Malibu,I put a battery in backwards,and it made my radio and horn stop working,I replaced the alternator and got a new battery,and after doing that,the battery light still comes on,what else could it be

As you may know, when the battery is hooked up backwards, reversing the polarity, will typically cause the alternator to fail. The fusible link is also likely blown. I would suggest performing a visual check in the fuse/relay box with a flashlight. The blown fusible link will be easy to spot. Other fuses need to be removed and checked one at a time or by using a multi-meter. If you need additional help with this, please contact our service department here at YourMechanic to schedule an appointment.

3. Battery hooked up backwards