Q: 2008 Dodge Caliber, The engine is shaking at idle on Drive and Reverse mode, but stops shaking when in Neutral and Park Mode. The

2008 Dodge Caliber, The engine is shaking at idle on Drive and Reverse mode, but stops shaking when in Neutral and Park Mode. The shaking is also less when the AC is off. What is mainly the problem? Thanks

My car has 200k kilometers.

Hi there. There are a few things that can cause the engine to idle rough or shake at idle. The first would be that the engine or motor mounts are loose or wearing out. In this case, the engine will vibrate not only during idle, but acceleration as well. Other possible problems include ignition system timing problems or fuel delivery issues, caused by one of a dozen or more individual fuel or ignition system components. In order to accurately diagnose this problem, you should have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car idle is rough inspection.

3. 2008 Dodge Caliber, The engine is shaking at idle on Drive and Reverse mode, but stops shaking when in Neutral and Park Mode. The