Iac v6-3.9l 1998 dakota dodge

Q: Iac

asked by on October 03, 2017

I'm looking at the iac valve when car is running. How should this work? When I give it gas the arm goes into the hole and when I let off the gas it comes half way out is this right or is it not working right

When you open the throttle the IAC will go toward the closed position and when you let off of the throttle it will open to pass air flow so the engine will not stall and then will slowly start to close to control the idle at the specified level. The IAC is fully computer controlled and there is levels when looking at the computer data. It should be at about 25 percent open when idling the engine.