Q: The emergency brake activates itself, doesn’t feel safe

I do not feel safe at all in my 2015 Chrysler 200. People get new cars to feel like they have something safe and reliable! Anyway my emergency brake has activated by itself 5 times since I bought the car 4,000 miles ago. Once this happened in my driveway and I assumed it was my fault. The next was at a stop sign. Now it is happening when I accelerate from a stop or slow down for a turn! This car is gonna get me killed and I can’t even replicate this for a mechanic it’s so random! What do I do?

A: Talk to your dealer to check if your vehicl...

Talk to your dealer to check if your vehicle qualifies for recall RC-R01-15 to reprogram your transmission and engine control modules. Since your parking brake is electronic, it may be fixed with this recall. The dealer will verify your vehicle is covered and then proceed to reprogram these modules. Your vehicle is new and this is the only issue that I think may be causing your problem. When you take your vehicle to the dealer, make sure you inquire about the recall and inform the dealer of the issues you are having.