Q: Getting a trouble code for knock sensor

asked by on February 05, 2016

The Check Engine Light is on. The trouble code is indicating it is a knock sensor.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. I would recommend having a technician come out and replace the knock sensor on the car. The knock sensor is on the engine block and detects if there is a misfire in the engine or a spark knock. If it detects a knock, then it will retard the timing of the vehicle to compensate. The symptoms of a bad knock sensor usually show up at highway speeds or under a load. This sensor affects the ignition timing of an engine. The vehicle will have a loss in fuel mileage and acceleration especially at highway speeds. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and replace any failing parts.