Q: Getting 2 then 4 abs codes, brake shutters, speedo dies and engine slowes when Brake and absolutely lights come on,

Getting 2 then 4 abs codes, brake shutters making abs jitter noise, speedo dies and engine slowes when Brake and abs lights come on. I initially get codes c0237, c0267, if I keep driving then I get, c0225 and c0236 along with the 1st 2 codes. Is this the rear speed sensor at the transmission or possibly the wire leading to it or is this the ABS module or electronic control module or something else? And if so how would I diagnosis? And if it's because of the first two codes would then the next codes with the speed sensor come on because of the first problem?

You definitely want to start by inspecting the front and rear wheel speed sensors; a failure in these circuits will result in several other problems. Begin by connecting a scanner to see if the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is registering the sensors accurately. With the scanner, you should be able to monitor all the wheel speed sensors while driving. Keep in mind, the rear wheel speed sensor is mounted on the transmission and is the sensor that runs your speedometer.

Once you determine which sensor is not registering, visually inspect the wiring harnesses and, if everything looks good, replace the sensor. In most cases, the sensor is the problem. If you suspect a wiring problem that isn’t visually apparent, you will need to do a continuity test from the PCM to the sensor connector.

If you determine that all the speed sensors are good, you should suspect a problem with ABS pump. The C0267 trouble code indicates there is a wiring problem in the harness to the ABS pump. It is possible that this is the main problem. To test this, you should disconnect the connector from the ABS pump and visually inspect the pins on both ends. A continuity test should be performed in this harness as well.

There are more test procedures for this that are a bit involved. If you are interested in digging more into this, you should pick up a factory repair manual, not a Chilton. The factory repair manuals are superior and you definitely want good information to make a correct diagnosis of your car.

If you need help with this, I recommend an "ABS light is on" inspection.

Good luck!

• Getting 2 then 4 abs codes, brake shutters, speedo dies and engine slowes when Brake and absolutely lights come on,