Q: 4 wheel drive icon is staying on

The icon for the 4 wheel drive is staying on, the knob that controls the changing from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive broke and it is saying that I am in 4 wheel drive front. It is hard for me to turn and I am hearing a grinding noise.

If the switch for your four wheel drive has broken and your vehicle is now stuck in four wheel drive, it is very likely that the broken switch is the cause of your issue. I would recommend having this switch replaced to see if these symptoms go away. The reason the vehicle is harder to turn is due to the four wheel drive being engaged. This should also go away once the switch has been replaced. Consider YourMechanic for this switch replacement as it can be completed at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr