Q: How do I turn on or turn off the illuminated entry?

How do I turn on or turn off the illuminated entry?

A: The illuminated entry system is a light sys...

The illuminated entry system is a light system that helps light up your car when it is unlocked. When the illuminated entry is turned on, the courtesy lights help you enter your vehicle easily when you’re in the dark. The courtesy lights will automatically turn on when the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter unlocks the car doors. They will then turn off after roughly 30 seconds, or when you turn on your vehicle.

To keep your illuminated entry system off, turn the light dimmer control to “Dome defeat,” which is the extreme bottom position. If you want the courtesy lights to stay on all the time, turn the dimmer control to “Dome on,” which is the extreme top position.