Q: Q: How do you use the seat belts correctly?

How do you use the seat belts correctly?

Seat belts aren’t all that complicated, but they must be used correctly in order for them to do their job. They’re more important than air bags, and are actually the only “lifesaving” features on your car. Using them incorrectly can also make it more likely for you or your passengers to be injured. Here’s how to use them the right way:

• Make sure the shoulder belt runs across the center of your chest and then over your shoulder. It should NOT touch your neck.

• Make sure the lap belt is over your hips, not your stomach or your thighs.

• The seatback should be a few degrees back from completely upright.

• Don’t recline the seatback too far as it makes it possible for you to slide under the seat belt in an accident.

• Sit as far back in the seat as possible.

• Make sure the seat belt isn’t twisted.

Tip

Make sure that all passengers are buckled up before you get on the road.

3. Q: How do you use the seat belts correctly?