Q: dust problem rear hatch

I am having a real problem with dust with my GMC Terrain. It has a seal on the rear hatch that keeps dust from entering the interior of the car. It works great. But there is a problem between that seal and the outside of the car. When I travel on dusty roads, that area gets a major amount of dust in it. After going through a car wash, there is a major amount of mud. Is there any kind of seal I could install inside the rear hatch that would keep out the dust or reduce it?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2011 GMC Terrain. There may be a problem with the outside dust cover not sealing properly. This could cause dust to get inside the car. If the rear hatch isn’t sealing properly, this would cause the same problem. You might be able to obtain an interior dust cover from the dealer or as an aftermarket part. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of the rear hatch and outside dust cover in order to pinpoint the problem and make a recommendation for resolving this issue.

3. dust problem rear hatch