Q: The car cannot start, oil pan dented, lost oil pressure

My car has a mileage of approximately 190,000 miles. It started having problems after I dented the oil pan. The oil was also at the lowest level. I checked the oil pan for any leaks but it is fine. However, I lost oil pressure and I'm unable to start the car now. It hardly even turns over. I had the battery and starter replaced. What should I do?

Hello there, there are a few problems that could result in the loss of oil pressure and not being able to start. If the pan was hit in the right place it may have interfered with the oil pickup. The oil pickup goes near the bottom of the pan to supply oil to the oil pump. If the pan damage blocked off flow to the pickup tube, the vehicle may not have any oil pressure.

With concerns about the fuel pressure, the vehicle should not be driven or started until the issue is resolved. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the starting issue and inspect the oil problem in order to make the correct repairs.

3. The car cannot start, oil pan dented, lost oil pressure