Back window slides down pontiac 2004 grand prix v6-3.8l w...

Q: Back window slides down

asked by on February 09, 2016

My back window slides down and want stay up.

The window itself is held in the door by a regulator which is attached to the window motor. This is controlled by the switch on the door. If the window regulator fails, the window can get stuck down. Some window regulators have a steel line that runs a pulley system and this line can get tangled up or pinched in the pulleys. The door panel should be removed by a qualified technician and a inspection of the windows systems should be performed to achieve proper operation once again.