Q: why am i loosing power, spits and sputters then is fine.

When starting i hold key in start position,it starts but it takes a few seconds to turn over. A lot of times while driving, starts to spit and sputter, looses power then is fine. Therostat almost in the red then in the middle. Sometimes after it has set awhile when starting to drive, it has no power , it's not, but it has that sound like your in fwd .

Hello. It sounds like you may have several different problems with this vehicle. The starting issue sounds like you may have a failure in the fuse box or in the starter relay, most of the time though it is caused by a failing ignition switch. All of these will cause this to occur. As for the overheating issue this can be caused by a clog in the system or most of the time it is caused by a leaking intake manifold gasket. This is the most common problem on this engine. I would typically start by diagnosing the overheating problem first. This is the more serious issue. I would check the flow of the coolant an then do a pressure test to see if I can see any leaks or issues with flow. After diagnosing the starting issue I would test the power going to the starter and then diagnosing the ignition switch. If you are planning on having the starting issue fixed and the overheating problem repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.