Q: Smoking from under the hood

I was just driving my car and then I noticed smoking from under the hood but near the windshield is where the smoke was coming from. I got out and saw liquid on the tire and coming out but my heat guade wasn’t saying it was over heating and I didn’t have any lights on the dash and about a week ago it was telling me check coolent but I don’t believe it’s that. And it wasn’t doing this when I was driving but when stopped and I mean it wasn’t smoking or anything until I stopped at a red light or a stop sign. What’s going on it’s not low on oil or anything.

The smoke could be from leaking oil that is dripping on a hot engine part, such as the exhaust manifold, and then vaporizing. An antifreeze leak is also a possibility. To resolve this, on a mobile basis, right at your location, you can request a leak diagnostic. If you request the leak diagnostic, which would be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, the mechanic will determine if any leak(s) exist and then let you know of the least cost repair strategy to get your vehicle running properly again. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Smoking from under the hood