Q: Wrong oil for my vehicle

I have purchased a used car with 129500 miles on it and it has had a good service however i have done 5 thousand miles in the car and it is due a service i have bought oil for the car but it is the wrong type my car takes 0w-40 oil and i have bought 10w-40 and i have lost the proof of purchase reciept for it and cant return it will this cause any issues with my car engine or damage it?

The oil you purchased is the wrong weight oil for your car and depending where you live may be too thick to use. You may have to take it back to store and ask for exchange to correct type weight oil. The store should do that for you. If they will not then I would look in your owners manual to see if your vehicle can use the thicker oil? You should not have issues unless you are in a cold climate and should not use the oil.

3. Wrong oil for my vehicle