Q: The entire car shakes while driving

asked by on February 10, 2017

When I drive, there is considerable shuddering of the entire car. It happens no matter if I increase or decrease the speed. I don't think it is coming form the driveshaft. It occurs when the cruise control is on as well. Also, the exhaust started making some dull noise. Any ideas?

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote

Vibrations, or shudders, felt while driving indicate the need for a detailed under-car inspection. The sources can vary widely. Some possibilities include: tire imbalance, tread separation, loose lug nuts, bent wheel(s). Worn/damaged/loose steering and suspension components can cause vibrations as well as problems with wheel alignment and increased tire wear. Worn wheel bearings can cause this as well. Some of these components just affect your ride comfort, but most of them are safety concerns as well. I suggest have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic inspect your vehicle soon!