Q: My car won't start sometimes It makes a clicking noise but when i disconnect and reconnect the battey it starts

asked by on February 10, 2017

My car wont start mainly when its cold out. it makes a clicking noise but i found that when i disconnect all the wires that is on the battery terminal and then reconnect them my car then starts up.

It is very likely that your battery cables might be corroded or loose; requiring replacement. Anytime you remove the cables and it starts up; it’s typically because the battery cables are loose or damaged. I’d recommend replacing the cables first; then if the issue still exists, have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

The most common cause of intermittent no start when it is cold outside is most common to be caused by the theft system is not being deactivated. The key should first be replaced and system retested. If problem continues then replace the theft key sensor in the steering column.