Q: Why is my brake warning on my dash on?

asked by on July 07, 2016

I have been told that the brake lines, rotors, pads, calipers, master cylinder, power brake booster, and master cylinder reservoir are all in good working order but still my brake warning light is on. I don't feel anything in my braking and it comes on and stays on. I was also told the emergency brake is working. Any ideas?

Brake Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The brake light is an indicator that is used for many different reasons. The light can be for low fluid levels in the brake master cylinder, ABS backup failure light, parking brake light switch, and the dash test circuit. The ABS will need to be scanned to see why the light is being illuminated. The scan will show which input is turning on the light specifically. If you decide to get this looked at, consider a certified mechanic who can diagnose your brake warning light and fix it accordingly.