Q: Car not starting after initial start

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car starts without any problems the first time I try to crank it. It will then run fine after that with no problems. If I turn it off and try to crank it again, it starts sounding like it wants to turn over, but it doesn't start. Then, after trying it for a while, sometimes it starts back up.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Most of the time when this engine will not restart once it is hot, it is due to a failure in the distributor. Typically when these start to fail they will not produce spark once the engine is turned off when hot. A mechanic would typically check for spark when the problem is occurring. If there is not spark then the distributor needs to be replaced. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose your no-start condition.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr