Q: Transmission flush

Hello. I'm asking this again since I'm not sure if there is a reply feature. My question is regarding the transmission. I took the vehicle to the dealership for the work to be done. After about an hour they called back telling me if the flushed had been done before. If not if could create problems doing it now. I decided to just go for the change of fluid only. Now they are telling me that it is not recommended to do the change because the damage is done. My question is what damage and is that's the case it means I have to run the transmission dry as it is? I have taken the vehicle to them for every maintenance and was never told or recommended a flush. My car has 96000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission. Also they said that the fluid in the transmission now is really thick and if new fluid is added it will cause a bubble which will cause the transmission to malfunction

Hi there. I think the information the dealership is telling you is a bit misleading. An automatic transmission works by maintaining hydraulic pressure created inside the case, and allowing the transmission to smoothly shift gears. If there is debris inside the hydraulic lines, a transmission flush will remove this debris and allow normal operation. If there is internal damage inside the transmission, it’s likely due to a damaged inner seal or gasket, loose or broken hydraulic line or mechanical component failure. Unfortunately, without removing the transmission and diagnosing this problem personally, it’s nearly impossible for us to predict what type of damage has occurred. I would recommend asking the dealership for a cut and dry explanation of what’s going on with your vehicle and what needs to be done to resolve the problem; as even I’m confused by what they are telling you.

3. Q: Transmission flush