Q: Car revs, does not accelerate, and then stalls while driving.

Car does not accelerate while driving. Engine revs, but car does not move. Eventually, the car shuts off.

This sounds like a transmission fault of some kind. If the vehicle has a manual transmission this could be caused by a faulty clutch or clutch cable. On an automatic or manual transmission and internal transmission failure may also cause this issue. One of your front CV axles may also be damaged not allowing power to go from the transmission to the wheels. These axles are splined and if the splines are rounded off for any reason it would cause the axle to free spin inside the bore of the wheel bearing thus not allowing the vehicle to move. However, this symptom would also be accompanied by a loud grinding noise. My best suggestion would be to have the vehicle inspected by a quality technician.