Q: Why do my power windows not work? 2005 Buick Century

OK. I've had window problems all through the 5 years of owning this car. Back two haven't worked in 3 years, front two only by the drivers switch in all that time. Recently the drivers window only worked intermittently then failed awkwardly then closed never to open again. The passenger window worked fine until the drivers side failed. No windows work at all.

Occasionally I get buzzing, but not all the time. I've gotten a new switch but no changes, nothing works. I've checked the terminals with a voltage tester and each one lights up, except one when the window lock is toggled. I'm grounding it at the bottom of the door. Are each of them supposed to light up?
Buick Century 2005

My next question is where do I go from here? Am I doing anything wrong? My first belief is that I had a bad ground wire, but not sure how to test it.

Hello. There are several things that can cause this. It can be caused by a bad ground connection or an issue with the circuit breaker that supplies power to this circuit. You would need to used a voltage meter to check the supply voltage. If there is voltage to the switch then the ground need to be checked. If the ground is also fine then you may have a wiring issue or a bad motor at each window which can occur over time. If you want to have your power windows fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose and repair your windows] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/window-is-not-going-up-or-down-inspection

3. Why do my power windows not work? 2005 Buick Century