Q: Car quit and won't restart

My car just quit running today. I recently filled up, but when it quit it made that sound like a car does when it runs out of gas. It did restart one time, but then quit and I haven’t been able to get it to start again. What’s causing this?

The intake gasket on these engines are known to fail and you will get a large amount of unmetered air. A smoke test will reveal if the gaskets are leaking. If the intake gasket is leaking, the repair is extensive. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to locate the source of the engine issue and correct it.

3. Car quit and won't restart