Q: Car takes off without pressing gas pedal

The cars idles high, and the car takes off without putting my foot on the pedal. Also, the dash light says I need an oil change, the car needs a taillight,and the trunk won't open.

A: Hi there. With the exception of the oil cha...

Hi there. With the exception of the oil change light, all of these issues would require closer inspection in order to determine the exact cause. A high idle and movement without pressing the gas can be caused by many problems, anything ranging from a minor engine performance problem, to transmission issues. The high idle can be inspected to ensure your vehicle is running at high performance. The trunk and taillight that is out would both need to be inspected more closely in order to determine the exact nature of the problem. All of these issues however, are something that any professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to assist you with.