Q: Check Engine codes. Need warranty for mechanic service work, any examples to ask for?

recall in 2006 related to ignition module could shut off anytime. dealer checked and car never had anything wrong with this issue. lately, engine light is on the display screen that codes p1334-p1312 needed to be checked. mechanic confirmed.. Would a tune up correct the engine light from appearing? car is mostly parked. little driven by senior. thank you very much.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2001 Saab 9-3. These codes can come up if the engine needs a tune up, if it has bad coils, or even if you have dirty fuel injectors. Due to the age of the vehicle and the low miles I would look into having the tune up done. I would usually remove them and inspect them for wear and replace them if needed. If they are fine then I would test the coils. If everything looks good then a fuel injection cleaning and an air intake cleaning may be just what the vehicle needs. I have also seen these codes come up due to low battery voltage so I always make sure that the battery is fully charged and that the battery connections are clean and tight. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your Check Engine Light and replace the coils or fuel injectors if necessary.

3. Check Engine codes. Need warranty for mechanic service work, any examples to ask for?