Q: How do you remove and replace a power antenna unit (AC Delco #10285495) on a 1999 C5 corvette convertible?

Do you have to remove wheel and wheel well guard to remove and replace the above part on a 1999 C5 corvette convertible? Or can the entire process be done with removal of tailight and trim inside the trunk ?

A: Hi there. When it comes to removing and re...

Hi there. When it comes to removing and replacing the antenna in your Corvette, the wheel well and tire assembly must come off to get the antenna out. You can remove the tail light and get to the antenna mounting hardware, however, It will be very difficult to pull out the antenna in a 90 degree bend and only having 1 inch of space between the body and the fender. If you need further assistance with replacing the antenna, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.