Q: WHITE SMOKE COMING FROM ENGINE BUT NOT OVERHEATING

asked by on March 03, 2017

I WAS SITTING STILL AT A LIGHT AND NOTICED MY CAR SMOKING AND PULLED OVER RIGHT AWAY AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS COMING FROM THE BACK OF THE ENGINE BUT DIDNT SEE ANY LEAKS OR WERE IT WAS COMING FROM ,IT ONLY HAPPEN WHEN IT WAS RUNNING AND WARMED UP ANY IDEAS?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If smoke is coming from the back of the engine, it’s possible that you have a small coolant leak, oil leak or even windshield wiper fluid leak. Smoke can also come from an electrical system malfunction, serpentine or drive belt that is damaged or electrical wires. If the engine is not overheating or the car is not having any symptoms, like running rough, it is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a smoke coming from engine inspection. This will allow them to inspect your car for parts damage and hopefully find the source of your issues.