Q: What does it mean when I put my car in gear and it won't move and makes loud clicking noise 2006 Chevrolet Malibu

When I put my car in gear it won't move and makes loud clicking noise sounds like it is coming from the transmission and I tried to put it back in park and it won't catch I had to put the emergency brake on

Hello - check the fluid level and quality (should be more pink than black, and not smelled burned). Check also the shifter cable - the inability to re-engage Park (which is a mechanical action) suggests the shifter is no longer connected to the transmission, or there is mechanical damage inside the transmission. The lack of forward or reverse motion may also be related to a broken shifter, or a failure of the transmission pressure pump. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. What does it mean when I put my car in gear and it won't move and makes loud clicking noise 2006 Chevrolet Malibu