Q: Throttle body 2004 Nissan Altima

when installing a new throttle body... do you have to reprogram/relearn the new part? If so does your company/mechanic come equipped to do so?

Throttle Body Replacement $226.78 - $1710.92 Get a Quote

Hi there - great question! In a few cases, mainly early throttle bodies, or throttle position sensors, require software to be loaded from the manufacturer, but this is not the case with your model. There is a "relearn" procedure that is sometimes required when installing a new throttle body, and yes, the technician dispatched by YourMechanic would be aware of, and familiar with, this process. I suggest a throttle body replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.