Q: Purge valve canister

My car needs a purge valve replacement. The work cannot be done for 4 days, I may put about 2500 miles on the car between now and then. Will waiting cause damage to my car or engine?

Thank you

A: Hi there. In most cases, the purge valve ne...

Hi there. In most cases, the purge valve needs to be replaced. It’s due to rough idle or issues with emissions. If not replaced in a relatively short period of time, it can cause additional problems with the EVAP system on your car, which may include problems starting or unable to start the Fusion. With only 68,000 miles, a damaged canister purge valve seems very rare, so you might want to have one of our local mechanics inspect this system for you to ensure that this is what is wrong with your 2015 Ford.