Q: My mechanic tells me they have to remove the knuckle to replace the front Lower ball joint. What is y'alls understanding?

My mechanic tells me they have to remove the knuckle to replace the front LOWER ball joints . What is your understanding?

The steering knuckle is also called steering spindle. This is the steering par that connects the strut and lower ball joint and the steering ball joint so you can steer the vehicle. On some applications the entire steering knuckle needs to be removed so the ball joint can be pressed out and the new one can be pressed in.

3. My mechanic tells me they have to remove the knuckle to replace the front Lower ball joint. What is y'alls understanding?