Q: Brake pad sensor on - 2014 Audi Q7

Hi I just had a oil changed and 128point check 3month ago,that time the Audi service mechanic said that everything is good tire,brakes..etc

But then 3 days later..brake pad sensor was on ..still

I don't feel anything from the brakes ..no squawking sound ..no slide feel...the brakes working just fine...so my question is is this just sensor problem or what?...

I was gonna get service from you guys but I don't know which service do I have to choose...

Can u guys just come to my place and check whats the problem if so how much you guys charge for check up?...

I have no time to go to dealer and also they are charge quiet high price..

Thnaks

A: Hello. If the brake pad light came on, then...

Hello. If the brake pad light came on, then that does typically mean that the vehicle needs brakes. It is possible that the sensor itself just shorted out, but I rarely see that on this vehicle. If the brakes are worn, the brake pads and rotors need to be replaced as well as the brake pad sensors. This is the only way to ensure that the brakes will be quiet and trouble-free on your Q7.

If you want to have your brakes checked, consider having one of YourMechanic’s certified technicians come to your home or office to inspect the brakes to determine the best course of action.