Q: Blend door is stuck

asked by on March 23, 2016

The blend door is stuck so that only cold air comes out. When I switch to heat, it makes a popping noise.

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The blend door in your SUV is controlled by an electric actuator. If the blend door itself is stuck, the actuator will still attempt to move it. However, the actuator itself is usually to blame. It will need to be removed to test it and the blend door. If you would like this repaired, consider having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose why your heater is not working properly.